SIE's forty-year history of bringing rugged electronic system solutions to military applications provides our customers with engineering expertise proven through hundreds of defense and homeland security programs. As a supplier of COTS and custom products to the world's largest defense companies, SIE has enabled state-of-the-art embedded computing in mission-critical applications all over the world. Extensive experience with all open architecture bus structures and military specifications allows major defense contractors and vendors to integrate our system-level hardware competencies into the overall product development process without the risk that comes with so many outsourcing providers.
From ATRs and rugged chassis to backplanes, board-level products, and power supplies, SIE's rugged solutions provide thermal management, shock and vibration protection, and environmental security for even the most demanding technologies, including those that require Red/Black TEMPEST compartments or cooling.
SIE has delivered systems for countless military shock and vibration specifications, including Navy Mil-S-901D (lightweight and medium weight hammer as well as heavyweight barge testing), Mil-S-167, Mil-S-461, and Mil-S-810; and all of our products are easily configurable for size, power, and legacy and emerging platform requirements, including VME64x, VXS, VPX, cPCI, and more.
Rugged system solutions for a variety of military applications, including:
- Surveillance and Video Capture in Manned and Unmanned AV Platforms
- Mobile Systems
- Secure Communications (TEMPEST Chassis and Systems)
- Rugged Servers
- Mil Laptop Expansion
- Sonar & Detection Systems
- ISO 9001/2000 and AS9100-certified design and production process
- 10- to 25-year product life support
- Full integration capabilities
- COTS technologies to warfighter in all environments
- Open architecture standards and products
- Cost-effective design and production of modified standard and custom products for all environments