SIE offers employees hands-on opportunities in a supportive team environment, along with a benefits package you'd expect from a much larger company.
SIE Computing Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Mechanical Designer
Mechanical DesignerPosted: 11/25/2013
Summary:This position reports to the engineering project leader and is responsible for the design and detailing of electronic packaging products, both commercial and military.
- A technical degree or training with 5 years of design or equivalent experience.
- A solid working knowledge of the manufacturing process used in sheet metal fabrication and metal machining.
- A solid working knowledge of electro mechanical products and/or ruggedized electronicswith military specifications and certifications a plus.
- Ability to design and detail sheet metal and machined parts, generate bill of materials, create assembly drawings and manufacturing documentation.
- Ability to operate a CAD system (preferably Pro/E Wildfire and Pro/E Sheet Metal), including but not limited to, the creation and maintenance of sheet metal and machined part library models and assemblies. These library models and assemblies will be used in drawings and manufacturing documentation (i.e. bills of materials, assembly drawings, etc.)
- Ensure design integrity of projects meet SIE customer and industry standards and specifications.
- Execute design concepts and efforts on new and existing products.
- Responsibilities include occasional customer and manufacturing interface.